The Sidney B. Meadows Scholarship Fund, created in 1989 by the Southern Nursery Association (SNA), has announced the names of 12 college students from 9 southeastern universities decided on to get tutorial scholarships this calendar year. Seven of the awards are named scholarships honoring past sector leaders. Each award of $1,500, totaling $18,000, has been presented to the following excelling students:
- Ellie Chetelat, Morgan Condition College
- Josey Lynn Darby, Texas A&M University (Dr. James & Faye Foret Scholarship)
- Alexandria Garcia, College of Florida (Richard J. Hackney Scholarship)
- April Elizabeth Hausle, North Carolina Condition University
- Chi Linh Dinh Nguyen, University of Florida (Arthur A. “Buck” Jones Scholarship)
- Lauryn Elizabeth Polito, Mississippi Point out College (Lee C. Howell Scholarship)
- Brian Alan Schulker, North Carolina Point out University
- Alyssa Renee Steele, University of Maryland (Art & Millie Lancaster Scholarship)
- William C. Tolley, Western Kentucky College
- Jason Edward Watson, Texas Tech College
- Jacob Logan Winkles, University of Georgia (Robert L. Vanlandingham Scholarship)
- James Douglas Zimmerman, College of Tennessee (Dr. Bryson L. James Scholarship)
Scholarship recipients are established by a competitive software system, administered by a selection committee, centered on lecturers, dedication, demonstrated interest in the horticulture sector, and money require. This year’s recipients were being selected from a extremely aggressive group of applicants. Of the twelve learners, 6 are graduate students and 6 are undergraduate college students.
The financial assist offered by the fund has permitted quite a few pupils the possibility to function towards their educational goals. With this year’s awards, the fund has awarded a full of $576,000 since the fund was set up in 1989. The fund’s latest property are now more than $1,020,000. Eight named resources have been pledged to date: The Larry D. Edwards Fund, the Dr. James & Faye Foret Fund, the Richard J. “Dick” Hackney Fund, Sr. Fund, the Lee C. Howell Fund, the Dr. Bryson L. James Fund, the Arthur A. “Buck” Jones Fund, the Art & Millie Lancaster Fund, and the Robert L. VanLandingham Fund.
Attention-grabbing in establishing a Named Scholarship to honor a loved one particular, previous marketplace chief or firm? Named Scholarships are set up with a determination for $30,000 with a bare minimum of $5,000 to get started and fulfillment more than the future 5 decades. As soon as set up, a scholarship will be made on a yearly basis in the designated identify.
Interested in supporting horticultural students below in the Southeast? Just check out our web page for particulars. They will respect your assistance and the industry will see a return on investing in them for decades to come. Thank you in progress for your aid!
An software for 2022 scholarships will be out there online by January 1, 2022. People fascinated in acquiring scholarship details or the most recent fund news can subscribe to the automatic info system on the fund’s site.
Extra facts on scholarship recipients can be located at www.sbmsef.org. For more information on the Sidney B. Meadows Scholarship Endowment Fund, forward your inquiry to PO Box 801513, Acworth, GA 30101, 678.813.1880, [email protected] or go to www.sbmsef.org.